Has a member of your family been involved in an accident, suffers ill health or has a learning disability and as a result of which they are not mentally capable of making decisions for themselves?

Then they may need legal protection. If they do not have a valid Lasting Power of Attorney or Enduring Power of Attorney (Learn more about Powers of Attorney) then an application may need to be made to the Court of Protection to have someone (usually a member of the family) known as a deputy appointed to manage their financial affairs.

As Court of Protection Solicitors, we can help you to make an application to the Court of Protection to appoint a deputy. We can also advise on other applications in connection with putting in place or amending the Will of someone who lacks capacity. We can also advise on gifting for inheritance tax purposes on behalf of someone who lacks capacity to make decisions.

Living with Disability or

Planning for Later Life

Private Client Services