We wish to reassure our clients that we are still here to support our clients and to offer our usual service despite the current Covid 19 outbreak. We have put in place procedures to do everything we can to ensure the wellbeing of our staff and our clients and have facilities for our staff to work from home to ensure a seamless continuation of service. We are happy to offer appointments to our clients via telephone or Skype/FaceTime.
Coronavirus Holding Will service – non-contact service from £100.00 plus VAT
We understand that new clients who wish to come to us to discuss putting in place Wills may feel uneasy about meeting face to face. Some clients may have taken the decision to remain at home and avoid contact with others. Our usual service is a bespoke advice service tailoring Wills to your specific circumstances and this is best done on a face to face basis, spending time to ensure that your Will provision is just right for you. However, we appreciate that some clients may not have any Will provision, but feel unable at present to engage with our usual service.
In view of the current situation, for a limited time we are offering clients the option to put in place holding Wills. This will be on a non-advisory basis meaning that we will not offer an appointment to discuss your Wills or provide any advice on the structure of your Wills, and therefore our full range of Wills will not be available. The purpose of the service is to allow clients to put some basic provision in place that will provide peace of mind at this point in time. At a later date clients will be invited to a face to face meeting to review their circumstances and to take more detailed advice in relation to their Will planning. This initial meeting will be at no cost, with no obligation to instruct us to do any further work.
If you would like to take up this offer, please get in touch by telephone, email, or our online enquiry form.
We offer two Wills under this service:
- Basic Will – Will incorporating absolute gifts to close family members or charities. – £100.00 plus VAT per Will – £175.00 plus VAT per couple
- Care home fee planning Wills for couples who jointly own their own home – Wills incorporating a “Life Interest Trust” over your home in order to provide protection from care fees together with absolute gifts to close family members. – £375.00 plus VAT per couple
The process will be as follows:
- We will provide you with a form to complete giving your instructions and some very basic information about your circumstances
- We will be in touch to confirm whether the Will you require is suitable for our non-advice service
- If it is suitable, we will then ask you to make a payment on account of the costs and will provide you with a draft Will and explanatory letter
- We will ask you to check the Will for correct addresses, spellings etc.
- Finally, we will post out the final Will together with instructions for signing.
We are also offering Lasting Powers of Attorneys on the same basis. Please contact us for more information about this and for details of costs.